Wednesday, February 16, 2011

More On Beam's Devil's Cut.


I asked Fred Noe if he could tell me a little bit more about how Jim Beam Devil's Cut (coming in May) is made and he confirmed that their process is based on 'barrel sweating,' as I described yesterday.

Here's what Fred said: "The bourbon base is Jim Beam aged for 6 years. You are exactly correct in your thinking regarding the water, heat, and motion. The whole idea came from the 'sweating' of barrels and the bourbon left behind after dumping. Pulling more out of the wood is the key to this product and time will tell if the customers enjoy it. I am sure there will be some folks that really like it and maybe a few that do not like the flavor."

2 comments:

DarkSock said...

I like it.

Anonymous said...

Please do not quit making it as I enjoy it very much.
You could come down on the price a bit though...