Friday, May 19, 2023

Do Taylor Swift Fans Appreciate Having Their Own Cocktails?

 

Bad Blood Sangria, Starlight Pear Lemonade, and French 1989.

Kristen wrote: "Hi Charles K., Taylor Swift is taking the world by storm, and plenty of Swifites (sic), including the staff at Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport, are drawing inspiration from her record-breaking Era’s tour! Below are some cocktail recipes Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport’s rooftop restaurant Lifted, is serving from May 19-21 in honor of Taylor’s Boston shows that can also be enjoyed at home!"

This caught my eye because I like being called "Charles K." Looking further, the whole package (an email press release I received because I'm apparently on some lists) fascinated me from a pop culture perspective. I confess that while I am aware of Taylor Swift, I am not a participant, so I genuinely don't know what to make of any of this. I suspect most of you, dear readers, are in the same boat. I present it for our mutual cultural edification.

Although American whiskey, like Taylor Swift, is taking the world by storm, none of these drinks contain whiskey. 

Here are the recipes:

Bad Blood Sangria. Combine 4 oz Pinot Noir, 1 oz Blood Orange Purée, 1 oz Orange Juice, and 0.75 oz Lemon Juice. Shake and strain into a wine glass. Top with 1 oz Sprite.  

French 1989. Combine 2 oz Bombay Sapphire Gin, 1 oz Lemon Juice, and 1 oz Strawberry Rose Syrup with ice. Shake and strain into a coupe. Top with 2 oz Prosecco.  

Starlight Pear Lemonade. Combine 2 oz Malfi Lemon Gin, 1 oz Lemon Juice, 0.5 oz Lavender Syrup, and 0.75 oz Desert Pear Syrup with ice. Shake and strain into a rocks glass. Top with a splash of club soda.


1 comment:

Sam Komlenic said...

I've gotta say that I'm surprised that none of the recipes called for Pink Whitney vodka.