Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Upcoming Whiskey Classes Taught By Me.

I teach whiskey classes here in Chicago through I Wish Lessons. Tonight I'm teaching Introduction to Single Malt Scotch at Pitchfork (2922 W. Irving Park Rd.) at 7:00 PM. If they're not sold out, I Wish will sell tickets pretty much right up to the last minute so contact them if you're interested.

The classes are held in various north side bars. We always taste four products. You can order food and other beverages, and stay after class for 'extra credit.' It's a fun night out with friends, with a little learning on the side.

I Wish also has many other classes. Their most popular one is sushi rolling.

I Wish prefers the term 'coach' to 'teacher' or 'instructor.' I usually 'coach' everybody as a group for about an hour, then hang around for individual one-on-one 'coaching.' Class size is typically 10 to 25 people. It's all very relaxed and informal and the students usually determine the course of events through their questions.

Here is what I have coming up. Go to the I Wish website to sign up or see what other classes they offer.

Tue, Aug 16 -- Single Malt Scotch (Pitchfork)
Wed, Aug 24 -- Whiskey 101
Mon, Sep 19 – Bourbon
Thu, Sep 22 – Scotch
Thu, Sep 29 – Whiskey 101

The other locations haven't been set yet but we're usually at Pitchfork (2922 W. Irving Park Rd., just west of California) or Rocks Lincoln Park (1301 West Schubert Avenue, at Lakewood).

Everything is subject to change.

I Wish also does private classes, so if you have a group that would like to have a whiskey or other distilled spirits tasting with me as your coach, you can arrange that through I Wish too, or contact me directly. (Email is on my profile.)

No comments: