Saturday, December 29, 2007

Bourbon History, Republished.

The University of Kentucky Press is republishing Henry Crowgey's 1971 Kentucky Bourbon: The Early Years of Whiskeymaking.

Crowgey's Kentucky Bourbon is one of the few serious, scholarly works ever done on the subject, and is a very thorough and credible account of the industry's development in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. The release is scheduled for February 1, 2008. Amazon is accepting pre-release orders now. (That's the link.)

I won't lie. If you buy it here, you will put a few pennies in my pocket, but the cost to you is the same.

Especially at the price Amazon is offering, you can't afford not to buy this if you have any interest in bourbon history. I'll be buying, since I have been working for 15 years from a Xerox I made of a library copy.

No comments: