Thursday, October 14, 2010

Upcoming Bourbon Classes Taught By Me.

For the better part of this year I have been teaching classes for I Wish Lessons. The mission of I Wish Lessons is to make learning fun. How better to make learning fun than by drinking during class?

We hold the Introduction to Bourbon classes at Rocks Lincoln Park (1301 West Schubert, Chicago). The class starts at 7:00 PM, includes a tasting of four bourbons, and lasts about a hour, although one nice thing about doing it in a bar is that students can continue to 'learn' after the class concludes. I usually hang around to answer questions.

The schedule of bourbon classes from now until February is as follows:
Mon, Nov. 15, 2010
Thurs, Dec. 16, 2010
Mon, Jan. 3, 2011
Mon, Jan. 17, 2011
Mon, Feb. 14, 2011
Fri, Feb. 18, 2011

Go here to buy tickets and to check for any date changes. I also teach Introduction to Cognac and Introduction to Single Malt Scotch, but those classes haven't been scheduled yet. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

spare4mayer said...

Hey there Mr. Cowdery,

I took one of your I Wish classes a few months back, and really enjoyed it. I have a few days off next week, so I convinced a friend to drive to KY with me. We'll be leaving Chicago Sunday morning, and heading back Tuesday. I wanted to do the Bourbon Trail, but I was wondering if you had any suggestions on must see distilleries or anything else while we are down there.

Thanks a ton!

Mayer

Chuck Cowdery said...

I'm glad you liked the class. As for your trip, I suggest you go straight to Bardstown and do Maker's Mark, Jim Beam, Heaven Hill and Barton. But check first to see who's open on Monday for tours.